After six weeks or so of indulging my sweet tooth and my fat tooth in the name of holiday permisiveness, followed by a relaxing week-long post-Christmas vacation, I’ve been looking forward to getting back into the kitchen and on track with some nice savory, healthful breads.
My immune system, it turns out, had other plans, and the bread’s just going to have to wait until this nasty whatever-I’ve-got sees fit to decamp and I’m free to leave my bed.
In the meantime, have a meme: I was tagged for Fantastic Four by Zainab and Meedo, the sisters behind the fantastic Arabic Bites. I had a lot more than four choices for most of the answers, and why I picked the ones I did I cannot explain (I’m delirious, after all).
Four Jobs I Have Had:
- Mathematics tutor/teaching assistant (in college, when I could still differentiate between differentiating and integrating).
- Software engineer/systems analyst/academic computing consultant.
- Hand weaver.
- Nurse practitioner.
Four Places I Have Lived:
- Upstate New York.
- Boston (two suburbs, actually).
- New Hampshire and Vermont (two states, actually).
- Northern California.
Four Places I Have Vacationed:
Four Favorite Foods (I’m changing this to four favorite cuisines because I just can’t narrow it down to four foods, and even four cuisines is asking a lot):
- All Mediterranean (see how I cheat?).
Four Places I’d Rather Be:
- Honestly, I’m glad to be back home. I’d rather not be in bed, though.
- Anywhere near the ocean.
- Anywhere warm (not hot).
- Anywhere quiet.
Four People I’m Tagging:
- Not four. If you’re reading, you’re IT.