The range of flatbreads contributed to last month’s BreadBakingDay is nothing short of amazing. Check out Petra’s roundup and prepare to be inspired. And now I’m delighted to say it’s my turn to host my favorite all-bread event.
What holiday, festival, or special event are you celebrating this month? I’m thinking of Easter… Purim… St. Patrick’s Day… the vernal equinox… what others can you tell me about?
As one of the oldest and most universal of foods, bread is associated with celebrations in every part of the world. For this month’s BreadBakingDay, you are invited to share your own spring holiday bread tradition, explore one you’re not yet familiar with, or start a new one.
To participate, choose any seasonal holiday or event you’d like to honor with a special bread*. On or before April 1:
- Bake a bread to celebrate or represent your holiday.
- Post the bread on your blog, with a link back to this post.
- Email me at , and include:
- Your name
- Your blog’s name and url
- The name of your bread and its post’s url (permalink)
- The occasion your bread celebrates
- Your location
- If possible, a 200-pixel-wide photo
- Whether you’d like me to notify you by email when the roundup is posted (which will be by April 5)
*Birthday breads will also be accepted, in honor of the March birthday of BBD’s charming founder and steward, Zorra.